This course has been approved by the California Acupuncture Board, Provider Number 436, for 8 hours of Continuing Education.
Join us for a live webinar hosted on Zoom, June 17th and 18th, 9am to 1pm each day.
About the Course:
Functional medicine is a perspective that integrates the most useful tools and techniques of Bio medicine with the systems based approaches of traditional medicine to improve the diagnosis and treatment of modern and functional disorders, including impaired detoxification, autoimmune disorders, food allergies, immune dysfunction, chronic viral infection, endocrine imbalances and more. This class provides an overview of the systems‐based approach with a focus on whole foods‐based nutritional therapy.
Upon the completion of the course, the student will be able to:
1. Identify and describe disorders such as impaired detoxification systems, dysbiosis, immune and autoimmune disorders and endocrine imbalances.
2. Define and describe the Anthropocene and discuss nutritional and health impacts of the climate crisis along with solutions. Compare and contrast the human and soil microbiomes.
3. Recommend appropriate whole foods-based nutritional strategies to increase clinical efficacy.
4. Compare and contrast common nutritional models including traditional East Asian, functional and biomedicine.
5. Give effective nutrition advice and adapt, write, modify and prescribe recipes.
About the Instructor:
Nishanga Bliss, DSc, DAIM, LAc, is a holistic doctor and educator who believes that personal and planetary health are interdependent. She teaches Chinese and integrative medicine at AIMC, where she practices in the community clinic, offering nutrition consults, herbal medicine and acupuncture. She is passionate about protecting the planet and is active in the climate movement. A former chef, Nishanga loves kitchen medicine and practicing the ancient healing art of fermentation. Her book, Real Food All Year: Eating Seasonal Whole Foods for Optimal Health and All-Day Energy (New Harbinger Press, 2012) dives deeply into the practice of eating with the seasons, weaving the ancient wisdom of Chinese medical nutrition together with nutrition science and real-world culinary know-how. Visit her website at: https://nishangabliss.com
Disclosure Statement: No products or services will be for sale at the conclusion of the course